Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto-correct macro or VBA

I have created an Evaluation Form in Excel 2003. For expeditious handling and
ease of use, I created an auto-correct function to replace lets say "S" with
"Satisfactory", "U" with Unsatisfactory, etc. (see actual code below).
However, it does not go with the workbook so I assume VBA is the way to do
it. However, even my attempt in VBA does not produce the desired results
either (I must be doing something wrong). Please help me straighten out the
code. Thanks
Code extract:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Splash.Show
End Sub

Sub autocorrect()
'
' autocorrect Macro
' Macro recorded 9/5/2007 by Jack Feeman
'

'
Application.autocorrect.AddReplacement What:="U", Replacement:= _
"Unsatisfactory"
Application.autocorrect.AddReplacement What:="S", Replacement:= _
"Skill Needs Development"
Application.autocorrect.AddReplacement What:="M", Replacement:= _
"Meets Expectations"
Application.autocorrect.AddReplacement What:="E", Replacement:= _
"Exceeds Expectations"
With Application.autocorrect
.TwoInitialCapitals = True
.CorrectSentenceCap = True
.CapitalizeNamesOfDays = True
.CorrectCapsLock = True
.ReplaceText = True
.DisplayAutoCorrectOptions = True
End With
End Sub
" End code extract.
I see the splash displays all right when an user opens it but the
auto-correct sub doesn't work.

Thanks again
Jack