-   -   deleting duplicates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397344-deleting-duplicates.html)

Nolaughmtr

deleting duplicates

I have rows a, b, and c that need to be analyzed for duplicate data. Also
there are blanks in row B. I've tried extending the range but then when I
test it, it still shows zero. Can someone please help me. thank you

Michael

deleting duplicates

Try this:
Sub DeleteRows()
Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
nLastRow = r.Rows.Count + r.Row - 1
For i = nLastRow To 1 Step -1
For j = 1 To Columns.Count
v = Cells(i, j).Value
If InStr(1, v, "delete") 0 Then
Cells(i, j).EntireRow.Delete
Exit For
End If
Next
Next
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Nolaughmtr" wrote:

I have rows a, b, and c that need to be analyzed for duplicate data. Also
there are blanks in row B. I've tried extending the range but then when I
test it, it still shows zero. Can someone please help me. thank you

Nolaughmtr

deleting duplicates

no that didnt work. i dont htink it did anything.