-   -   End routine by clicking 'X' on Userform (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397145-end-routine-clicking-x-userform.html)

Arnie[_2_]

End routine by clicking 'X' on Userform

Hello,

I have a routine which calls a Userform. On the userform someone can make a
choice. After that the routine continues.
But I want to stop the complete routine if someone clicks on the 'X' at the
right corner. How to?

Exit sub won't work this only stops the userform and the main routine still
continues.

Arnie

Michael

End routine by clicking 'X' on Userform

Click on the userform and select view code; from the dropdow box on the code
section select Userform, then from the events dropdow select Terminate
You will get the following:
Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()

End Sub

Type End in between the Sub and end Sub instructions

If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Arnie" wrote:

Hello,

I have a routine which calls a Userform. On the userform someone can make a
choice. After that the routine continues.
But I want to stop the complete routine if someone clicks on the 'X' at the
right corner. How to?

Exit sub won't work this only stops the userform and the main routine still
continues.

Arnie

Arnie[_2_]

End routine by clicking 'X' on Userform

Thanx!
"Michael" schreef in bericht

"Arnie" wrote:

Hello,

I have a routine which calls a Userform. On the userform someone can make
choice. After that the routine continues.
But I want to stop the complete routine if someone clicks on the 'X' at
the
right corner. How to?

Exit sub won't work this only stops the userform and the main routine
still
continues.

Arnie

Peter T

End routine by clicking 'X' on Userform

Never use the 'End' statement.

Look at the QueryClose Event in the Userform and help.

If still not sure how to terminate your app cleanly describe what is
running, eg code returns to the routine that show'd a Modal Userform, other
forms still running, etc.

Regards,
Peter T

"Arnie" wrote in message