-   -   Concatenation prob (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397113-re-concatenation-prob.html)

equiangular

Concatenation prob

=DATE(2008,MATCH(A1,$G$1:$G$12,0),B1)

where $G$1:$G$12 stores the month names (i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar ... Dec)

P.S. Please check your computer clock

Francis Hookham wrote:
A visually handicapped friend is secretary of his club.

He receives a list of events on a spreadsheet where the date is given as
follows:

Col A contains "Jan"

Col B contains "1"

Col C contains "Tuesday" (which is superfluous in this operation)

We know the year is 2008

I am having difficulty in concatenating "1" and "Jan" and "08" into Col D,
formatted as "d mmm yy", so I can do away with Cols A-C

(Not decided yet whether to simply drag a fromua down the cut and past
values back, or the run a macro which might save time in long run because it
could delete empty rows at same time)

Please help, it's going to take me hours by hand otherwise.

Francis Hookham