-   -   What is the difference between for..if, case statements, do..while? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396942-what-difference-between-if-case-statements-do-while.html)

[email protected]

What is the difference between for..if, case statements, do..while?

I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 professional.

I've been employed since February to provide solutions in Excel and
Access 2000. I've been successful finding examples in the newsgroups
and revising them to my projects.

However, I have a big knowledge gap and I'm requesting your direction.

How does one decide which programming construct to use.

Are there some questions I could answer that would help me determine
when to use:

With
if
For..if
Do..While
Case

I also would like to learn the proper syntax for these constructs.

I've purchased John Walkenbach's "MIcrosoft Excel 2000 Bible, and Ken
Getz's "Access 2000 Developer's Handbook", but I am still not clear on
these concepts.

Is there anyone that would direct me to learning source?

Thanks,

Dan Dungan

Corey

What is the difference between for..if, case statements, do..while?

Try the book:
Excel Programming for Dummies.
I found it great and easy to understand.