-   -   Multi-column combobox - allow text to span columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396715-multi-column-combobox-allow-text-span-columns.html)

[email protected]

Multi-column combobox - allow text to span columns?

I am creating a multi-column combo-box...that I want to basically
mimic the Item combobox in Quickbooks (if anyone is familiar with
that).

The combobox should look as below, where the "category" is column 1,
item number is column 2, and item description is column 3.

Systems
101 old system
102 new system
Power Supplies
201 old power supply
202 new power supply

I don't have problem populating the box; however, the categories are
being truncated to the column width, e.g. "Systems" appears as "Sys".

Is there anyone to have the first column data span into the second
column, if the second column is blank?

Thanks,

Will

Dave Peterson

Multi-column combobox - allow text to span columns?

I don't think so.

You can widen that column, live with the chopping, or maybe use multiple
comboboxes????

--

Dave Peterson