-   -   how do i protect a worksheet without disabling drop downs lists? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396490-how-do-i-protect-worksheet-without-disabling-drop-downs-lists.html)

BME

how do i protect a worksheet without disabling drop downs lists?

I would like to protect most of the cells on my worksheet but i have drop
down menus to provide options. However, when i protect the sheet the drop
downs are locked. Is there a way around this?

Dave Peterson

how do i protect a worksheet without disabling drop downs lists?

How did you create the dropdowns? What version of excel are you using?

If you used data|validation and xl2003 (IIRC), unprotect that cell.

If you used a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a combobox from the Control
Toolbox toolbar, make sure the linked cell is unlocked.

--

Dave Peterson