-   -   Getting vba code (macros) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396229-getting-vba-code-macros.html)

Cleiton

Getting vba code (macros)

Hi,

Does somebody know how to get vba codes (macros) from Excel files without
Excel installed in the machine? We're developing a important project and we
need a function (to call in .net) that only returns a string with the vba
code of an Excel file. Is there any way or component to make this?

Thanks

JLGWhiz

Getting vba code (macros)

You would have to have Visual Basic installed and use VB script.

"Cleiton" wrote:

Hi,

Does somebody know how to get vba codes (macros) from Excel files without
Excel installed in the machine? We're developing a important project and we
need a function (to call in .net) that only returns a string with the vba
code of an Excel file. Is there any way or component to make this?

Thanks

Tim Williams

Getting vba code (macros)

If you're coding in .net why can't you just rewrite the function in that
language (whichever one you're using) ?

Tim