-   -   Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396163-pressing-tab-doesnt-exit-textbox.html)

Deskman

Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox

Hi,

I have a modal userform in Excel 2003 with a number of textboxes on it.

Sometimes entering data and pressing TAB moves me to the next textbox and
sometimes it just inserts a tab into the current textbox and I have to click
the mouse in the next textbox to get there.

This seems to be random?

Any ideas - anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brian

papou[_2_]

Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox

Hello Brian
Set TabIndex property to your textboxes accordingly, starting from 0 for
textbox #1 and so on.
This should correct your issue.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal
"Deskman" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Hi,

I have a modal userform in Excel 2003 with a number of textboxes on it.

Sometimes entering data and pressing TAB moves me to the next textbox and
sometimes it just inserts a tab into the current textbox and I have to
click
the mouse in the next textbox to get there.

This seems to be random?

Any ideas - anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brian

Deskman

Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox

BTW, the TabKeyBehaviour Property is correctly set to FALSE.

Thanks.

"Deskman" wrote:

Hi,

I have a modal userform in Excel 2003 with a number of textboxes on it.

Sometimes entering data and pressing TAB moves me to the next textbox and
sometimes it just inserts a tab into the current textbox and I have to click
the mouse in the next textbox to get there.

This seems to be random?

Any ideas - anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brian

Deskman

Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox

Hi Pascal,

Thanks, but that is not the issue - pressing Tab inserts a Tab into the text
of the texbox instead of moving to the next Box - yet some times with the
same textbox it will function correctly!

Regards,

Brian

"Deskman" wrote:

Hi,

I have a modal userform in Excel 2003 with a number of textboxes on it.

Sometimes entering data and pressing TAB moves me to the next textbox and
sometimes it just inserts a tab into the current textbox and I have to click
the mouse in the next textbox to get there.

This seems to be random?

Any ideas - anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brian

papou[_2_]

Pressing TAB doesn't exit TextBox

And what is the Multiline property set to?

"Deskman" wrote:

Hi,

I have a modal userform in Excel 2003 with a number of textboxes on it.

Sometimes entering data and pressing TAB moves me to the next textbox and
sometimes it just inserts a tab into the current textbox and I have to
click
the mouse in the next textbox to get there.

This seems to be random?

Any ideas - anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Brian