-   -   first and last cells of manually selected regions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394928-first-last-cells-manually-selected-regions.html)

John Smith

first and last cells of manually selected regions

I'm writing a script to be run on manually selected regions in
different worksheets in the same workbook. (I'll select one region
at a time and then run the script.)

How do I programmatically find the first and last cells
(upper-left and bottom-right corners) of a manually selected
region? Thanks.

Gary Keramidas

first and last cells of manually selected regions

you can try these statements and see if they work for you

selection.range("A1").address

selection.specialcells(xlcelltypelastcell).address
--

Gary

"John Smith" wrote in message
I'm writing a script to be run on manually selected regions in
different worksheets in the same workbook. (I'll select one region
at a time and then run the script.)

How do I programmatically find the first and last cells
(upper-left and bottom-right corners) of a manually selected
region? Thanks.

Jim Cone

first and last cells of manually selected regions

Sub aaaa()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Selection.Cells
If rng.Areas.Count 1 Then
MsgBox "multiple selection"
Else
MsgBox rng(1).Address & vbCr & rng(rng.Count).Address
End If
Set rng = Nothing
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"John Smith"
wrote in message
I'm writing a script to be run on manually selected regions in
different worksheets in the same workbook. (I'll select one region
at a time and then run the script.)

How do I programmatically find the first and last cells
(upper-left and bottom-right corners) of a manually selected
region? Thanks.

Dave Peterson

first and last cells of manually selected regions

Are they single area ranges?

with selection
msgbox .cells(1).address & vblf & .cells(.cells.count).address
end with