-   -   green arrow for error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394910-green-arrow-error.html)

greg

green arrow for error

Hello,
I am inserting numbers in a column. The numbers are formated like ####.
So:
0001
0002
0300
etc...

however once my code runs, Each of the cells has the green arrow errors.
It wants to convert to a number. So 0001 would go to 1.

Is there a way to make these arrows not appear when dropping in the text?
Is there a way after inserting the text to place an ignore error on the cell
through code?
etc...

thanks for any help

Dave Peterson

green arrow for error

Click on Tools|Options|Error checking

Uncheck the errors you don't want flagged--including "Number stored as text"

You could record a macro when you do this manually and add it to your code if
you really wanted.

--

Dave Peterson

greg

green arrow for error

OK,
Seems like the code would be
Application.ErrorCheckingOptions.NumberAsText = False

thanks

greg wrote:

[...]

Remember that this is an application setting. If you share your macro with
others, they may not like the choice you made.