-   -   vba code...... on update........... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394880-vba-code-update.html)

CRANSWICK, P[_2_]

vba code...... on update...........

Hi,

I have a pivot table, and on selection i want it to format the width of the
columns. The problem i'm having is that i can only set the widths to all the
same. Im wanting column A & B wider than the rest. The code i have used so
far is

Range("C:Z").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 14
Range("A:B").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 31

but this some how sets all the coloumns to 31????????

Any help will be helpful as i am new to vba, thanks

Paul

CRANSWICK, P[_2_]

vba code...... on update...........

ALL SORTED........... I had a merged cell in there which was causing some
problems,

thanks

"CRANSWICK, P" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table, and on selection i want it to format the width of the
columns. The problem i'm having is that i can only set the widths to all the
same. Im wanting column A & B wider than the rest. The code i have used so
far is

Range("C:Z").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 14
Range("A:B").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 31

but this some how sets all the coloumns to 31????????

Any help will be helpful as i am new to vba, thanks

Paul

Jim Jackson

vba code...... on update...........

I think we need to see abit more of your code. The snippet you provided does
work for me.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"CRANSWICK, P" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table, and on selection i want it to format the width of the
columns. The problem i'm having is that i can only set the widths to all the
same. Im wanting column A & B wider than the rest. The code i have used so
far is

Range("C:Z").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 14
Range("A:B").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 31

but this some how sets all the coloumns to 31????????

Any help will be helpful as i am new to vba, thanks

Paul

JW[_2_]

vba code...... on update...........

Glad to hear you got it sorted. However, for future reference, it is
good coding practice not to make a selection if you don't have to.
You can change the column width by just using the Range object.
Range("C:Z").ColumnWidth = 14
Range("A:B").ColumnWidth = 31