-   -   finding largest value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394688-finding-largest-value.html)

finding largest value

Using VBA I need to find the largest number in column A over all my sheets.
So say I have 5 sheets in my workbook I want to find the largest number
within all the column A's. Then just set what ever this number is to a
variable I have in my code (say intI)--this part is simple. I am new to
programming within the Excel environment so I'm not sure how to do the first
part.

Thanks

Vergel Adriano

finding largest value

R,

Try something like this:

Sub test()
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim lValue As Long
Dim lLargest As Long

For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
lValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.Large(sht.Range("A:A "), 1)
If lValue lLargest Then lLargest = lValue
Next sht

MsgBox lLargest

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"R" wrote:

Using VBA I need to find the largest number in column A over all my sheets.
So say I have 5 sheets in my workbook I want to find the largest number
within all the column A's. Then just set what ever this number is to a
variable I have in my code (say intI)--this part is simple. I am new to
programming within the Excel environment so I'm not sure how to do the first
part.

Thanks

finding largest value

Awesome....thanks so much