-   -   Install package - registration (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394684-install-package-registration.html)

[email protected]

Install package - registration

Hi there,

I created an Excel application that works in Excel 2000+. I would like
to distribute it to a number of users. It would be easy to send out
the XLS file itself, but it appears that some users do not have the MS
Calendar control (Office 11) that I am using.

Is there a way using VBA that upon opening my Excel application it:

- checks if the proper version 11 of the calendar object (mscal.ocx)
is registered in the registry.
- if not, register the one that is distributed with the Excel file and
is in the same directory (I can manually do this using regsvr32).

It has to work in Excel 2000+.

Thanks a lot!
GG