-   -   Calculating an average using VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394620-calculating-average-using-vba.html)

Ben

Calculating an average using VBA

Hello, Is there a way of calculating the average (or the maximum) of a range
within VBA without actually entering the formula in the spreadshhet.
Supposing I want to assign to a variable, the average or the maximum of the
numbers that reside in Column C from row 5 to ro 25.

Thank you

Mike H

Calculating an average using VBA

Try worksheet change

Dim MyRange As Range
If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
Set MyRange = Range("C5:C25")
If Not Intersect(Target, MyRange) Is Nothing Then
Range("A1").Value = WorksheetFunction.Max(MyRange)
Range("A2").Value = WorksheetFunction.Average(MyRange)

Mike