-   -   Unlocked Region within Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/394469-unlocked-region-within-worksheet.html)

[email protected]

Unlocked Region within Worksheet

Hello,

I have a worksheet which contains data from a number of files, with
each file given its own column. The user can add files to the
worksheet as they desire. Each column is 100 Cells in height, in terms
of the file data. So, if the user has added 6 files, then there is a
region 6 columns x 100 Rows, where data from the files is presented.

I'd like to lock all the cells on my worksheet except for the 6 X 100
region described above. Of course, this region changes in size as the
user adds files.

How would you suggest I do this,

Thanks for your help,

Aine

Jim Thomlinson

Unlocked Region within Worksheet

It is hard to comment from your limited description. When you say "add a
file" what exactly do you mean. Are you addin a nes sheet into the file or
are you linking the sheet to external files or are you just addin data ot an
existing sheet or ???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson