-   -   Insert Special Characters into Footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/393748-insert-special-characters-into-footer.html)

[email protected]

Insert Special Characters into Footer

Good afternoon. I'd like to insert two special characters into a
customized footer. These two characters will be included in a string
of more common characters. I'd like to insert the "Registered"
character, CHAR(174), and a foreign letter character, CHAR(233). Does
anyone know how I can do this within a footer in Excel? Thank you for
your time and consideration.

Michael

Dave Peterson

Insert Special Characters into Footer

Hit and hold the alt-key
type 0174 on the number keypad
to get the ® symbol (it looks like an R with a circle around it in some fonts).

You may need to change the font for either or both of your symbols.

--

Dave Peterson