-   -   insert method of Character class failure (error 1004) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/393216-insert-method-character-class-failure-error-1004-a.html)

dlb_dlb

insert method of Character class failure (error 1004)

Building an organization diagram. Trying to insert text into each child node.
Program is crashing on insertion of text into the Character object... Here is
a snippet..

Set dgnRoot = shpDiagram.DiagramNode.Children.AddNode

dgnRoot.TextShape.TextFrame.Characters.Insert ("my_string")

I have also pasted the following from the library reference
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.11).aspx

In the above, the Character.Text property is set, though that too generates
an error as the property is read-only.

Any direction would be appreciated.