-   -   Array formula in memory (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/392744-array-formula-memory.html)

XP

Array formula in memory

Using Win 2003 and Office XP;

Is it possible to internally calculate an array formula? By that I mean not
in a sheet, but in memory. For example by using
Application.WorksheetFunctions you can access certain functions in code then
write the result into a sheet. Any ideas how to do this using an array
formula?

Thanks for the help.

Bob Phillips

Array formula in memory

As an example

myVal = Activesheet.Evaluate("=SUM(IF(A1:A5=""Apple"",B1:B 5))")

--
HTH

Bob

"XP" wrote in message
Using Win 2003 and Office XP;

Is it possible to internally calculate an array formula? By that I mean
not
in a sheet, but in memory. For example by using
Application.WorksheetFunctions you can access certain functions in code
then
write the result into a sheet. Any ideas how to do this using an array
formula?

Thanks for the help.

XP

Array formula in memory

Perfect. Thanks Bob!

Hope you escaped the flooding in Yorkshire and elsewhere...

"XP" wrote in message
Using Win 2003 and Office XP;

Is it possible to internally calculate an array formula? By that I mean
not
in a sheet, but in memory. For example by using
Application.WorksheetFunctions you can access certain functions in code
then
write the result into a sheet. Any ideas how to do this using an array
formula?

Thanks for the help.

Bob Phillips

Array formula in memory

Being 300 miles away, it didn't affect me too much.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

As an example

myVal = Activesheet.Evaluate("=SUM(IF(A1:A5=""Apple"",B1:B 5))")

--
HTH

Bob

addy)