-   -   Using Powerpoint inside Exel program (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/392683-using-powerpoint-inside-exel-program.html)

John

Using Powerpoint inside Exel program

I have been working with an Excel Program I developed in VB and would like to
embed a powerpoint presentation and make it available to the user as a help
and instruction slide show. Is it possible to embed a powerpoint
presentation in an excel workbook? I am using Office 2000 premium.

I really do not like the new "ribbon" office program. Sorry!

--
John

Bob Phillips

Using Powerpoint inside Exel program

Should be as simple as

Dim oPPT As Object
Dim oPres As Object
Const sFilename As String = _
"C:\myFiles\myPP.ppt"

Set oPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
oPPT.Visible = True
Set oPres = oPPT.presentations.Open(sFilename)
oPres.slides(1).Shapes("slideid").Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste
oPres.Close
Set oPres = Nothing