-   -   Hyperlink to folder not opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/392567-hyperlink-folder-not-opening.html)

AlexT

Hyperlink to folder not opening

Hello

I am trying to create and hyperlink to a folder programatically
(hyperlink.add)

Although everything seems to be correct (correct address, etc)
clicking the hyperlink doesn't do anything (I would have expected the
folder to open a windows explorer).

Any idea ?

Regards

-alexT

Les

Hyperlink to folder not opening

Hi alexT, have a look at this previous thread, just search for it

Workbook Cell as Target of Hyperlink Object
--
Les

"AlexT" wrote:

Hello

I am trying to create and hyperlink to a folder programatically
(hyperlink.add)

Although everything seems to be correct (correct address, etc)
clicking the hyperlink doesn't do anything (I would have expected the
folder to open a windows explorer).

Any idea ?

Regards

-alexT

AlexT

Hyperlink to folder not opening

Hi alexT, have a look at this previous thread, just search for it

Workbook Cell as Target of Hyperlink Object

Thanks for the pointer.

As it appears my code is fine - it is just that Excel does not launch
an Explorer window when clicking on an hyperlink. It does launch a
file target fine but not a folder, for some reason...

Any idea ?

--alexT

NickHK

Hyperlink to folder not opening

If you insert the hyperlink manually, then click it, does it work ?
You have read permission on that folder ?

NickHK

"AlexT" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am trying to create and hyperlink to a folder programatically
(hyperlink.add)

Although everything seems to be correct (correct address, etc)
clicking the hyperlink doesn't do anything (I would have expected the
folder to open a windows explorer).

Any idea ?

Regards

-alexT

AlexT

Hyperlink to folder not opening

If you insert the hyperlink manually, then click it, does it work ?

No - same problem (so it's not my code :))

You have read permission on that folder ?

Yes - actually tried as the local admin, no change :( )

Regards

--alexT

NickHK

Hyperlink to folder not opening

What is the length of the path ?
Is this post in this NG connected to your problem ?
File exists but cannot open from Excel

NickHK

"AlexT" wrote in message
ups.com...

If you insert the hyperlink manually, then click it, does it work ?

No - same problem (so it's not my code :))

You have read permission on that folder ?

Yes - actually tried as the local admin, no change :( )

Regards

--alexT

AlexT

Hyperlink to folder not opening

What is the length of the path ?
Is this post in this NG connected to your problem ?
File exists but cannot open from Excel

A dozen characters.. so not a problem with length. Again this is only
happening with folders, not files...

I suspect some security setting on the Explorer side.

Regards

alex

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink to folder not opening

How about sharing the code that fails?
The name of the path that fails?
The version of windows that you're running?
The version of excel that you're running?

Maybe someone can test it under the same conditions.