-   -   Is it possible to remove the Select method in this case? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/392035-possible-remove-select-method-case.html)

clara

Is it possible to remove the Select method in this case?

Hi all,

this code is from Stephen Bullen's book,

Range("A1").Select
lRealLastRow = Cells.Find("*", Range("A1"), xlFormulas, , xlByRows, _
xlPrevious).row
I'd like to know can we use other statement instead of range("A1").Select

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Barb Reinhardt

Is it possible to remove the Select method in this case?

Unless you are doing something with the selection, I wouldn't use it. Try
commenting it out and see what happens. I'd also recommend that you preceed
each Range object with a designation of the worksheet that the range is on,
otherwise,it will use the activesheet by default.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

this code is from Stephen Bullen's book,

Range("A1").Select
lRealLastRow = Cells.Find("*", Range("A1"), xlFormulas, , xlByRows, _
xlPrevious).row
I'd like to know can we use other statement instead of range("A1").Select

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Don Guillett

Is it possible to remove the Select method in this case?

how about

LR = Cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software