-   -   Stop users from inserting new lines and columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391894-stop-users-inserting-new-lines-columns.html)

KuroNeko

Stop users from inserting new lines and columns?

Can one stop/prohibit users inserting new lines and columns into a workbook
in VBA?

How would one proceed?

Neko

Don Guillett

Stop users from inserting new lines and columns?

Right click the excel icon in the upper left corner next to FILEview
codeinsert this. Modify to suitSAVE the workbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "a1:f10"

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"KuroNeko" <none wrote in message
Can one stop/prohibit users inserting new lines and columns into a
workbook
in VBA?

How would one proceed?

Neko

Ferris[_2_]

On Jun 22, 1:57 pm, KuroNeko <none wrote:
Can one stop/prohibit users inserting new lines and columns into a workbook
in VBA?

How would one proceed?

Neko

You could also just protect the sheet with a password. For your VBA
code to work you'd probably need to unprotect the sheet at the
beginning of your code and re-protect it at the end.
ActiveSheet.Unprotect/Protect

You can just record a macro doing the operation manually (right click
on the sheet tab) to see what the options are.

KuroNeko

Stop users from inserting new lines and columns?

"Don Guillett" wrote in news:OTXqiNRtHHA.4612
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

Right click the excel icon in the upper left corner next to FILEview
codeinsert this. Modify to suitSAVE the workbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "a1:f10"
End Sub

Thanks, this is a very interesting routine that allows me to limit the
visible screen area. I've filed this for future use.

However, I could still create new rows and columns, the others simply
shifted lower or to the right outside the visible area.

Is it possible to actually stop the insert row/insert column functions?

Neko

KuroNeko

Stop users from inserting new lines and columns?

Ferris wrote in
ups.com:

You could also just protect the sheet with a password. For your VBA
code to work you'd probably need to unprotect the sheet at the
beginning of your code and re-protect it at the end.
ActiveSheet.Unprotect/Protect

Yes, that is an option, but I'd prefer it if I could disable the insert
(and delete) row/column functions via code. Is that possible?

Neko