-   -   Restore an invisible commandbutton on open? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391554-restore-invisible-commandbutton-open.html)

Mike Proffit

Restore an invisible commandbutton on open?

Hi All. I've got a spreadsheet with a couple of command buttons that launch
vba prcedures. After the user does their stuff, I want a third button that
will hide all three buttons. I've got that part down:

Private Sub Hide_Click()
button1.Visible = False
button2.Visible = False
Hide.Visible = False
End Sub

But I want those three buttons to reappear when the workbook is opened. I've
got an auto-run macro in ThisWorkbook:

Sub Workbook_Open()
button1.Visible = True
button2.Visible = True
Hide.Visible = True
End Sub

On opening the workbook, I get Run-time error '424': Object required.

If I go into design mode, The buttons do appear and I can manually make them
visible again by making their visible property = true. Just want that
automated.

Thanks for any help!

Jim Thomlinson

Restore an invisible commandbutton on open?

You need to be more explicit in your referencing of the buttons. The on open
will be in a general module which by default will act upon the active sheet
(whatever that might be at the time). Try something more like this...

Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet 1").button1.Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet 1").button2.Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet 1").Hide.Visible = True

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson