-   -   Hide Scrollbars (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391493-hide-scrollbars.html)

blackbox via OfficeKB.com

Hide Scrollbars

I'm trying to hide the horizontal and vertical scrollbars on a worksheet with

DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False

but it's not working.

Any ideas?

FSt1

Hide Scrollbars

hi
with activewindow
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
end with

regards
FSt1
"blackbox via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm trying to hide the horizontal and vertical scrollbars on a worksheet with

.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False

but it's not working.

Any ideas?

blackbox via OfficeKB.com

Hide Scrollbars

here's all the code, everything worksexcept the scrollbars

Sub RemoveToolbars()
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayFullScreen = False
.CommandBars("Full Screen").Visible = False
.CommandBars("MyToolbar").Enabled = False
.CommandBars("MyToolbar").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
.CommandBars("Formatting").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Standard").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayFormulaBar = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
End With
On Error GoTo 0

FSt1

Hide Scrollbars

hi.
I copied your code and it worked on my pc. using xp xl2003.
I changed all of the falses to trues and it put everything back.
so i am now officially stumped.

Sorry
FSt1

"blackbox via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

here's all the code, everything worksexcept the scrollbars

Sub RemoveToolbars()
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayFullScreen = False
.CommandBars("Full Screen").Visible = False
.CommandBars("MyToolbar").Enabled = False
.CommandBars("MyToolbar").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
.CommandBars("Formatting").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Standard").Visible = False
.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayFormulaBar = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
End With
On Error GoTo 0

blackbox via OfficeKB.com

Hide Scrollbars

Well, the plot thickens...

I just tried the same code at home (Office XP)

and it hides the row/column headers and the scrollbars but nothing else.

I checked to make sure the menu bars and command bars all have the same names,
which they do, as what ever version of Office they use at work. ('97 I think)

So... I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

I have a copy of Office 2007 but have been hesitant to install it due to all
complaints about running slow or crashing when macros are run.

NickHK

Hide Scrollbars

Remove the On Error Resume Next to see the real cause of the error.
Hint: Is a CommandBar a member of the ActiveWindow ?

NickHK

"blackbox via OfficeKB.com" <u20390@uwe wrote in message
Well, the plot thickens...

I just tried the same code at home (Office XP)

and it hides the row/column headers and the scrollbars but nothing else.

I checked to make sure the menu bars and command bars all have the same

names,
which they do, as what ever version of Office they use at work. ('97 I

think)

So... I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

I have a copy of Office 2007 but have been hesitant to install it due to

all
complaints about running slow or crashing when macros are run.

blackbox via OfficeKB.com

Hide Scrollbars

thanks for all your help.

I moved the scrollbar instructions to the top of the list and everything
works

NickHK wrote:
Remove the On Error Resume Next to see the real cause of the error.
Hint: Is a CommandBar a member of the ActiveWindow ?

NickHK

Well, the plot thickens...

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]