-   -   Converting Tab Delimited Text File to A Comma Delimited Text File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391210-re-converting-tab-delimited-text-file-comma-delimited-text-file.html)

Dave Peterson

Converting Tab Delimited Text File to A Comma Delimited Text File

How does changing the delimiter affect the number of columns in that row?

wrote:

I have a situation where I need to convert a tab delimited text file
to a comma delimited text file.
It would be an easy process but the number of colums to be imported
into excel exceeds MS Excel's 256 column limit.

I would appreciate any help that you could provide me.

The data is currently in the format below:

1234 45676 4332.23212 23334.21 with the spaces in between the
numbers being tab spaces.
I would like to convert it to the format below:
1234,45676,4332.23212,23334.21
And then to be able to input each number into a separate column.

Thanks in Advance,

Kwesi

--

Dave Peterson