-   -   Catching edit mode error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391018-catching-edit-mode-error.html)

c mateland

Catching edit mode error

Excel 2003

Several of my users have crashed my routines because they clicked one
of my macro buttons while still in the cell-edit mode. I correct them
and include the warning in helps and training, but still I see this
happen over and over.

Is there any way I can programmatically check for the edit mode or add
some kind of error handler that can catch that error specifically? How
do the rest of you handle this?

Thanks,
Chuck

Jon Peltier

Catching edit mode error

What's the entry point to your routines like? I've never heard of this
(though maybe my clients are being polite).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"c mateland" wrote in message
ups.com...
Excel 2003

Several of my users have crashed my routines because they clicked one
of my macro buttons while still in the cell-edit mode. I correct them
and include the warning in helps and training, but still I see this
happen over and over.

Is there any way I can programmatically check for the edit mode or add
some kind of error handler that can catch that error specifically? How
do the rest of you handle this?

Thanks,
Chuck

c mateland

Catching edit mode error

False alarm. It wasn't crashing. It was merely the macro buttons
became non-functioning. That, due to the user being in the edit mode
while trying to click a button. They just need more Excel basics, I
think.

Thanks,
Chuck

Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com