-   -   Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/390972-macro-clear-contents-unlocked-cells.html)

Tuckland

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Hi everybody
I´ve just pasted the following macro and run it within my worksheet, but an
error displays as I have merged cells.

Should I consider some additional sentence for that?? (I don't know how
works VBA).

Sub rob()
For each r in activesheet.range("C7:h29").cells
if r.locked then
else
r.clearcontents
end if
Next
End sub

Thank you in advance

vbapro[_2_]

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Sub rob()
For each r in activesheet.range("C7:h29").cells
if r.locked then
else
r.MergeArea.clearcontents
end if
Next
End sub

"Tuckland" wrote:

Hi everybody
I´ve just pasted the following macro and run it within my worksheet, but an
error displays as I have merged cells.

Should I consider some additional sentence for that?? (I don't know how
works VBA).

Sub rob()
For each r in activesheet.range("C7:h29").cells
if r.locked then
else
r.clearcontents
end if
Next
End sub

Thank you in advance

Mike H

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Tuckland

Just a point this macro doesn't clear the content of unlocked cells. What it
does is look if the cell would be locked if the sheet was protected. i.e it
looks if the locked box is checked in Format|Cells|protection.

Mike

"Tuckland" wrote:

Hi everybody
I´ve just pasted the following macro and run it within my worksheet, but an
error displays as I have merged cells.

Should I consider some additional sentence for that?? (I don't know how
works VBA).

Sub rob()
For each r in activesheet.range("C7:h29").cells
if r.locked then
else
r.clearcontents
end if
Next
End sub

Thank you in advance

Dave Peterson

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Instead of
r.clearcontents
try
r.value = ""

--

Dave Peterson

Tuckland

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Thank you!

"Tuckland" wrote:

Hi everybody
I´ve just pasted the following macro and run it within my worksheet, but an
error displays as I have merged cells.

Should I consider some additional sentence for that?? (I don't know how
works VBA).

Sub rob()
For each r in activesheet.range("C7:h29").cells
if r.locked then
else
r.clearcontents
end if
Next
End sub

Thank you in advance

Tuckland

Macro: Clear contents of unlocked cells

Sorry for not answer you before...
I have checked the macro and as you say it doesn't cover what I really need
:-(