-   -   "application.filesearch" object doesn't support the this property or method (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/390564-application-filesearch-object-doesnt-support-property-method.html)

Sebation.G[_2_]

"application.filesearch" object doesn't support the this property or method

i have many workbooks in the same folder,like "e:\data",i want to write
value in the same address in each workbook.
so i write this code:
==================================
Sub test()
Dim wbOpen As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim I As Long

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "e:\data"
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
.Execute
For I = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
Set wbOpen = Workbooks.Open(.FoundFiles(I))
Set ws = wbOpen.Worksheets(1)
ws.Range("a10") = 10
Next I
End With
End Sub
==================================
while it's can't run and gives the error message"object doesn't support this
property or method".
i use office 2007.
can anyone give me a guaidance.

Gary''s Student

"application.filesearch" object doesn't support the this property

I used your code, only changing the path to "C:\temp" and it worked without
error.
Using Excel 2002. The problem might not be in the code.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200726

"Sebation.G" wrote:

[...]

thanks for your reply/
i have tried it in the excel2003 ,as u said it does work well,while in the
excel 2007,it gets wrong.

anyone who uses excel 2007 can run this code?

"Sebation.G" wrote:

[...]

Ron de Bruin

"application.filesearch" object doesn't support the this property

They remove FileSearch in 2007 because it is not working correct sometimes.
See this page for another example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin

[...]