-   -   change event help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389869-change-event-help.html)

Ernie

change event help

Hi all,

i have my userform pull up info from cell on initializing, so sometimes the
code below works and sometimes it doesn't. what i need to do is use a similar
code to delete the unwanted characters on the change event.

Private Sub txtItemFob_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)
Select Case KeyAscii
Case 8 To 10, 13, 27 'Control characters
Case 45, 46 'negative and period
If KeyAscii = 45 Then 'hypen/negative
If Len(Trim(txtItemFob.Text)) 1 Then
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
Case 48 To 57 'numbers
Case Else 'Discard anything else
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
End Select

help a friend help you

AKphidelt

change event help

What is the exact problem? Do you need to delete a cell or are you just
getting error messages?

"ernie" wrote:

Hi all,

i have my userform pull up info from cell on initializing, so sometimes the
code below works and sometimes it doesn't. what i need to do is use a similar
code to delete the unwanted characters on the change event.

Private Sub txtItemFob_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)
Select Case KeyAscii
Case 8 To 10, 13, 27 'Control characters
Case 45, 46 'negative and period
If KeyAscii = 45 Then 'hypen/negative
If Len(Trim(txtItemFob.Text)) 1 Then
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
Case 48 To 57 'numbers
Case Else 'Discard anything else
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
End Select

help a friend help you

Ernie

change event help

Hi Akphidelt,

thanks for the reply, i tried using the code below to validate user inputs
but i doesnt seem to work.. so i want to try it using the change event
procedure instead of the keypress.

thank you

--
help a friend help you