-   -   Sorting based on Heirarchy or recursive (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389812-sorting-based-heirarchy-recursive.html)

Ramesh

Sorting based on Heirarchy or recursive

Hi Im totally new to Execl.I have a table which shows which emp is dependent
on his superior.I want to sort it hierarchially.

Example table is like this

EmpId Dependent ID level
A 1
C A 2
D A 2
F C 3
G F 4
H C 3

I need to sort This out so that the output table will be

EmpID DependentID Level

A 1
C A 2
F C 3
G F 4
H C 3
D A 2

Any help will be highly appreciated.Thanks a lot....

NickHK

Sorting based on Heirarchy or recursive

Ramesh,
What are the rules that achieve the desired sort ?
I don't see an obvious pattern.

NickHK