-   -   need to allow user to input file name to import data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389743-need-allow-user-input-file-name-import-data.html)

kiwis

need to allow user to input file name to import data

Hi

Need some help on how to prompt the user for the input file (a CSV
file) & the macro will copy all the data in the input file into
another excel file summary & on worksheet named raw.

The input file is a CSV file with only 1 worksheet. I do not need to
open this file.

The input file is in the same folder as the summary file.

any ideas or suggestions are welcome

Thank you

NickHK

need to allow user to input file name to import data

To get the filename from the user, use:
Application.GetOpenFilename

How can you copy the data if you do not intend to open the file ?

You can query the file instead:
DataImport External DataNew Database Query

You can record a macro of whichever method you choose to get the basis of
the required code.

NickHK

oups.com...