Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare columns, delete the rows that DO match.

The following code was posted to the programming DG a while back:

Sub Redundancy()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 2 Step -1
If IsError(Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, _
Range("B:B"), 0)) Then
Cells(i, "A").Delete Shift:=xlUp
End If
Next i

End Sub

I was playing with it and trying to get it to delete the rows (in column
'A') that DO match. It should be fairly simple, but I just cant figure it
out right now. I thought I could keep the code mostly the same, but because
of the nature of the Match function, I am beginning to think that it may
require something radically different. Can someone please offer some
guidance?
TIA!!

--
RyGuy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi RyGuy,

Try changing:

If IsError(Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, _

If Not IsError(Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, _

---
Regards,
Norman

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know why I didn't see that before.......
Yet another lesson learned!!!

--
RyGuy

"Norman Jones" wrote: