-   -   only select one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389672-only-select-one-cell.html)

Kiba

only select one cell

I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

BaggedTaco

only select one cell

On May 18, 3:41 pm, Kiba wrote:
I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

Not shure how you would accomplish this with a macro.. you could try a
BFH and some creative words.. Unless your user is a 5yr old.. they
should be able to select only ONE cell.. maby a 15min Training session
or something would work..

Kiba

only select one cell

Well, I prefur safe to sorry. I'm running a macro and its tends to spaz if
you try to delete multiple cells at one time. Since I'm having trouble
getting to fix it I thought it might be simpler to just remove that ability.

"BaggedTaco" wrote:

On May 18, 3:41 pm, Kiba wrote:
I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

Not shure how you would accomplish this with a macro.. you could try a
BFH and some creative words.. Unless your user is a 5yr old.. they
should be able to select only ONE cell.. maby a 15min Training session
or something would work..

Tom Ogilvy

only select one cell

On Error goto ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target(1).Select
SaveValue = Target(1).Value
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Tom Ogilvy

"BaggedTaco" wrote:

On May 18, 3:41 pm, Kiba wrote:
I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

Not shure how you would accomplish this with a macro.. you could try a
BFH and some creative words.. Unless your user is a 5yr old.. they
should be able to select only ONE cell.. maby a 15min Training session
or something would work..

Jim Thomlinson

only select one cell

A couple of things... This code needs to be placed in the sheet itself (right
click the tab and select View Code and paste the code in the code window.)
The posted code will always select the upper left hand cell. If you would
prefer the following code will select the active cell which I found my users
prefered (personal preference). ***Note that this only makes a difference if
you have users that select ranges of cells right to left instead of left to
right.

On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveCell.Select
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Finally (and this is for Tom) what is the significance of your Variable
"SaveValue" which you don't use?

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"BaggedTaco" wrote:

On May 18, 3:41 pm, Kiba wrote:
I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

Not shure how you would accomplish this with a macro.. you could try a
BFH and some creative words.. Unless your user is a 5yr old.. they
should be able to select only ONE cell.. maby a 15min Training session
or something would work..

Dave Peterson

only select one cell

You have an alternative approach at your other thread.

Kiba wrote:

I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

--

Dave Peterson

Vijay Chary

only select one cell

Hi Kiba ! :)
You need to write an event procedure as follows.

Private Sub Selection change()

If Instr(1,selection.address,":") 0 then
Msgbox "Selection not valid !!
Endif

End sub

This procedure displays an error message if a range larger than 1
cell is selected.

I hope you are able to adapt it ( use the idea ) for your specific
need.

Good luck !
"Kiba" wrote:

I need a macro that will prevent users from selecting more than one cell at a
time.

Don Guillett

only select one cell

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
MsgBox "hi"

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel