-   -   Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389500-re-excel-2003-a.html)

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003

It sounds like you could:
Select the range
Data|Filter|autofilter

And use the dropdown in each field to show the rows you want.

And to see everything again:
data|filter|show all

phyllis_yeo wrote:

Dear Excel Expertises,

I have an Excel spreadsheet of with features and models.

It looks like this in excel. The first column contains all the
features and the first row contains all the models.

Model_A Model_B Model_C Model_D
Feature1 Y N Y Y
Feature2 N N N Y
Feature3 Y Y N N
Feature4 Y Y Y N
Feature5 N N Y Y

Y means that the Model has the Features, while N means that the Model
does not have the Features.

What I want to do?

a. I want to be able to select one or more features from a drop down
menu with the whole list of Features (in first column).

b. From the selection in (a), it will return me with all the models
with "Y".

E.g. If I select Feature3 and Feature4, it will return "Model_A"
& "Model_B".

E.g. If I select Feature4 only, it will return "Model_A", "Model_B"
& "Model_C".

Currently, I have a table of about 70 models and 50 features.

How can I go about doing the above? Do I need to use Visual Basic?

Thanks Experts!!!

--

Dave Peterson