-   -   Changing Worksheet Names via VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389474-changing-worksheet-names-via-vba.html)

[email protected][_2_]

Changing Worksheet Names via VBA

Hey all,

Is there a way to change the name of the worksheet via VBA code? I
could do it using a recorded macro, but the extra step I need is to
automate the name change. In cell A6 I have a name which I'd like to
use as the name for the sheet. So, when a macro runs, in addition to
all the tasks it's supposed to perform, it will rename the sheet with
whatever value is in cell A6.

Thanks for yourhelp in advance!

Bob Phillips

Changing Worksheet Names via VBA

With Activesheet
.Name = .Range("A6").Value
End With

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey all,

Is there a way to change the name of the worksheet via VBA code? I
could do it using a recorded macro, but the extra step I need is to
automate the name change. In cell A6 I have a name which I'd like to
use as the name for the sheet. So, when a macro runs, in addition to
all the tasks it's supposed to perform, it will rename the sheet with
whatever value is in cell A6.

Thanks for yourhelp in advance!

[email protected][_2_]

Changing Worksheet Names via VBA

On May 15, 5:56 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
With Activesheet
.Name = .Range("A6").Value
End With

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey all,

Is there a way to change the name of the worksheet via VBA code? I
could do it using a recorded macro, but the extra step I need is to
automate the name change. In cell A6 I have a name which I'd like to
use as the name for the sheet. So, when a macro runs, in addition to
all the tasks it's supposed to perform, it will rename the sheet with
whatever value is in cell A6.

Thanks for yourhelp in advance!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks - that worked! Truly appreciate the help!