-   -   Control Tip Alternative? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389186-control-tip-alternative.html)

stewart

Control Tip Alternative?

I am crating a userform to evaluate employees. There are several
different areas that employees are rated on. Currently I have a label
with the criteria and a Control Tip that gives a definition of said
criteria. My problem is that some of the definitions are really long
and cannot be shortened. When the Control Tip pops up it shows just
one line all the way across the screen. Is there a way to format it
so it is on multiple lines. Or is there a better way to accomplish
this?

[email protected]

Control Tip Alternative?

On May 10, 5:36 pm, stewart wrote:
I am crating a userform to evaluate employees. There are several
different areas that employees are rated on. Currently I have a label
with the criteria and a Control Tip that gives a definition of said
criteria. My problem is that some of the definitions are really long
and cannot be shortened. When the Control Tip pops up it shows just
one line all the way across the screen. Is there a way to format it
so it is on multiple lines. Or is there a better way to accomplish
this?

Have you tried using a newline character in your tips?

RB Smissaert

Control Tip Alternative?

Look at this posting:
http://devnull.at/?VMAGA

RBS

"stewart" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am crating a userform to evaluate employees. There are several
different areas that employees are rated on. Currently I have a label
with the criteria and a Control Tip that gives a definition of said
criteria. My problem is that some of the definitions are really long
and cannot be shortened. When the Control Tip pops up it shows just
one line all the way across the screen. Is there a way to format it
so it is on multiple lines. Or is there a better way to accomplish
this?

Dave Peterson

Control Tip Alternative?

Saved from a previous post.

How about just putting a label over the control and that control in a frame.

Then when you mouse over the frame, it'll hide the label. But when you mouse
over the control, you'll show the label.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Frame1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = False
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson