-   -   VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389122-vba-copy-range-formats-vaues-only.html)

jinx

VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only

Hi,

Would anyone know how to copy data from one workbook to another and include
the Values and Formatting only ie: not the formulas.

I can copy either the values or the formats but don't seem to be able to
copy both...

Workbooks("a.xls"). _
Worksheets("b"). _
Range("A1:C27").Copy

Workbooks("a.xls"). _
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C27").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

it would be lovely if someone could help with this.

--
Thanks... Jinx

merjet

VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only

Add a line:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C27").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteFormats

Hth,
Merjet

JE McGimpsey

VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only

One way:

With Workbooks("a.xls")
.Worksheets("b").Range("A1:C27").Copy
With .Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C27")
.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
End With
End With

In article ,
jinx wrote:

Hi,

Would anyone know how to copy data from one workbook to another and include
the Values and Formatting only ie: not the formulas.

I can copy either the values or the formats but don't seem to be able to
copy both...

Workbooks("a.xls"). _
Worksheets("b"). _
Range("A1:C27").Copy

Workbooks("a.xls"). _
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C27").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

it would be lovely if someone could help with this.

jinx

VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only

Marvellous... thanks very much
--
Thanks... Jinx

"merjet" wrote:

Add a line:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C27").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteFormats

Hth,
Merjet

jinx

VBA Copy a range with Formats & Vaues Only

lovely.... thanks very much... and sooo fast!
--
Thanks... Jinx

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way: