-   -   sharing variables between form and module code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389085-sharing-variables-between-form-module-code.html)

TimK

sharing variables between form and module code

I need to coordinate execution between code based in Modules (accessed by
button driven macros) and events within form based code. I've defined
several public variables for this purpose, but the form based code doesn't
seem to be able to see the variables defined as public in the module and vice
versa. I haven't found anything else to use other than maybe using some
cells in the spreadsheet for this purpose. Can someone tell me if there is
something I can use within VBA to do what I want?

JLGWhiz

sharing variables between form and module code

Hi TimK, That's how I do it. Make a cell on a sheet in the workbook that
holds the code equal to the variable in the control's code. Then you can
assign a variable to that value in the cell and carry on.

"TimK" wrote:

I need to coordinate execution between code based in Modules (accessed by
button driven macros) and events within form based code. I've defined
several public variables for this purpose, but the form based code doesn't
seem to be able to see the variables defined as public in the module and vice
versa. I haven't found anything else to use other than maybe using some
cells in the spreadsheet for this purpose. Can someone tell me if there is
something I can use within VBA to do what I want?

Jon Peltier

sharing variables between form and module code

An alternative approach that doesn't tie you to a particular worksheet:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/PropertyProcedures.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP