-   -   Finding Multiple entries for a name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/389076-finding-multiple-entries-name.html)

[email protected][_2_]

Finding Multiple entries for a name

Hi All,

I have a little problem that am sure can be fixed by the many talented
people in this newsgroup:

I have a list in Excel with 15 columns (fields) and many rows of data
- this is in a sheet titled "Deals." I've created another sheet which
is supposed to look up names from column A in "Deals" and combined
with anothr criteria ("Type" - which corresponds to column B in
"Deals" and has 4 different types: C, A, X, or T) Based on the combo
chosen, I want an output of all deals matching the criteria - there
will never be more than 8 deals with that combo. An example would work
best:

Let's say I need to look up "Tom" and "C" from the "Deals" worksheet -
once I select the two criteria (drop down arrows are already in place
in cells A2 and A3, respectively), I want all data from all rows with
"Tom" and "C" in them to appear in rows 5 thru 12 (if applicable) and
show all 20 columns. If this is something I can achieve via VBA,
please help!

Thanks in advance...

JW[_2_]

On May 9, 4:02 pm, " wrote:
[...]

Sounds to me like VLookups and/or Index/Match formulas would be best
suited for this. Maybe SumProduct since you are dealing with multiple
criteria. Have a look in the help files for these functions and see
if they will suffice.

[email protected][_2_]

On May 9, 6:46 pm, JW wrote:
On May 9, 4:02 pm, " wrote:

[...]

if they will suffice.- Hide quoted text -

Can someone please help with this - I wouldn't have posted it if I
couldn't figure it out from the Help files!

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Finding Multiple entries for a name

It sounds to me like you're trying to reinvent data|filter|autofilter.

You could select your range (headers in row 1), then apply
data|Filter|autofilter.

Then use the dropdown in each of the header row to show/hide what you want.

The data won't move up to the other rows, but they will be the ones visible.

--

Dave Peterson