Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Monte Carlo Simulation on Long / Short Equity

Hi,
Does any body have any idea or examples that you can show me on wrting
a program in Excel that does the Monte Carlo Simulation for Long /
Short Equity?
I would have all the stocks in the Russell 3000 and the beta of each
stock. I would also have the price for each stock at the beginning
and at the end of the month. I am constraining my maximum long to be
50 positions, equally weighted. The Shorts can be flexible, but let's
say I want 50 shorts that make the beta neutral on a portfolio level.
I guess I should use a random generator function that labels 50 stocks
long and 50 stocks short and see how the returns at the end of the
month turn out. But I really have no clue where to start. Do I need
any other variables or specify distributions? Can someone show me
some examples or code?

Thanks so much in advance.