-   -   Simple Change Event not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/388860-simple-change-event-not-working.html)

ExcelMonkey

Simple Change Event not working

I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I type a
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

PCLIVE

Simple Change Event not working

This works for me.

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MsgBox ("Changed Value")

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I type
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Simple Change Event not working

What does your custom function MessageBox do?

When you set a breakpoint in the function, does the event macro fire?

In article ,
ExcelMonkey wrote:

I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I type a
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

merjet

Simple Change Event not working

Change: MessageBox ("Changed Value")
To: MsgBox "Changed Value"

Merjet

Tom Ogilvy

Simple Change Event not working

Besides the obvious error with MessageBox vice MsgBox, this version worked
for me:

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MsgBox ("Changed Value")

Perhaps you have disabled events.

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey" wrote:

I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I type a
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

ExcelMonkey

Simple Change Event not working

It does not do anything. I just want proof that the macro is firing. And
its not firing. Even if I put a break in, it does not fire. I can't seem to
get any examples to work. Why would this be?

EM

ExcelMonkey wrote:

I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I type a
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

PCLIVE

Simple Change Event not working

Tom Ogilvy mentioned that you may Events Disabled.

I'm sure there is another way to enable them, but here is one way.

Sub EnableEvents()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Run manually.

Regards,
Paul

ExcelMonkey wrote:

I have a simple change event in Sheet1. Why is this not firing when I
type a
number greater than 100 in A1

If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target 100 Then
MessageBox ("Changed Value")

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Simple Change Event not working

Couple of possibilities:

because you (or a workbook/add-in you've opened) have disabled events
with

Application.EnableEvents = False

or because the code is not in the correct worksheet module

or because macros are disabled...

In article ,
ExcelMonkey wrote:

It does not do anything. I just want proof that the macro is firing. And
its not firing. Even if I put a break in, it does not fire. I can't seem to
get any examples to work. Why would this be?

ExcelMonkey

Simple Change Event not working

Yup events were not enabled. Not sure how this happened.

Thanks

EM