-   -   InvalidateControl in a ribbon (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/388726-invalidatecontrol-ribbon.html)

Nicke[_18_]

InvalidateControl in a ribbon

Hi,

I have problem to invalidate a control in certain situations, I don't know
where to place the InvalideControl statement.

For example:

I have done a new tab with a checkbox called "Show Gridlines" (the same
functionality as in the View tab).

<checkBox id="ShowGrid"
label="Show gridlines"
getPressed="getPressed"
onAction="CheckboxClicked" /

When my tab is clicked, getPressed is called and I check if gridlines is
shown or not.

Lets say I hide the gridlines (checkbox not checked) and click on the
"Excel-View-tab" and check the Show gridlines, now when I click on my tab
again the checkbox is unchecked.

Where should I put the invalidatecontrol??? The best place would be on the
"Click" on my tab but I can't find this event.

Please note that this is just an example, I just want to get the mehtods
right before I start to convert my program to 2007.

Please help...

/Nicke