-   -   import value from outlook mail to excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/388255-import-value-outlook-mail-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Max Bialystock[_2_]

import value from outlook mail to excel spreadsheet

Can I import into an excel spreadsheet a value from an outlook received mail
message?

Tim Williams

import value from outlook mail to excel spreadsheet

What kind of mail ? HTML or plain text ?

Here's some code for looping through the items in the inbox: might get you
started.

Tim

'*****************
Option Explicit

Sub CheckOutlookMsgs()

Const S_SUBJECT As String = "YourSubjectHere"
Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim fInbox As MAPIFolder

Dim olInboxCollection As Object
Dim olInboxItem As Object
Dim iCount As Integer
Dim itemCount, n

On Error Resume Next
Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
If olApp Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Outlook is not running: please open the application first"
Err.Clear
Exit Sub
End If
On Error GoTo haveError

'Get the inbox folder
Set fInbox = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFold erInbox)
Set olInboxCollection = fInbox.Items

itemCount = olInboxCollection.Count
iCount = 0
For n = itemCount To 1 Step -1
Set olInboxItem = olInboxCollection(n)
If StrComp(olInboxItem.Subject, S_SUBJECT) = 0 Then

iCount = iCount + 1
Application.StatusBar = "Processing # " & iCount

'here's where you get the info from the attachment....
MsgBox olInboxItem.Body

End If
Next n

haveError:
If Err < 0 Then MsgBox "Error:" & vbCrLf & Err.Description
Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub

'*****************

"Max Bialystock" wrote in message
Can I import into an excel spreadsheet a value from an outlook received
mail message?

Max Bialystock[_2_]

import value from outlook mail to excel spreadsheet

Thanks for that Tim, it's HTML.

Max

"Tim Williams" <timjwilliams at gmail dot com wrote in message
[...]

Then my example code should get you as far as having the messge content.
How you extract a particular value will depend on where it is in the mail.

Tim