-   -   Missing Right and Format function in Excel 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/388184-missing-right-format-function-excel-97-a.html)

leung

Missing Right and Format function in Excel 97

Hi

Anyone how i can use the "right" function and "format" function in Excel97
VBA coding?

thanks

Leung

Bob Phillips

Missing Right and Format function in Excel 97

Dim sVal as string

sVal = Right("ABC",1)

sVal = Format(123, "0.00")

as examples

--
HTH

Bob

"Leung" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone how i can use the "right" function and "format" function in Excel97
VBA coding?

thanks

Leung

Tom Ogilvy

Missing Right and Format function in Excel 97

If you are getting an error, go to tools=references and make sure that you
don't have a reference shown as MISSING. If you do, this is the cause of the
error. Correct the reference (remove it if you don't need it).

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim sVal as string

sVal = Right("ABC",1)

sVal = Format(123, "0.00")

as examples

--
HTH

Bob

"Leung" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone how i can use the "right" function and "format" function in Excel97
VBA coding?

thanks

Leung

leung

Missing Right and Format function in Excel 97

Tom

Thanks a lot

I thought the reason is because excel97 can't use Right and Format Function..

But actualy it is missing the WordDLL as reference.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If you are getting an error, go to tools=references and make sure that you
don't have a reference shown as MISSING. If you do, this is the cause of the
error. Correct the reference (remove it if you don't need it).

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim sVal as string

sVal = Right("ABC",1)