-   -   Borders (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387948-borders.html)

Khanjohn

Borders

Once you have put in the borders etc you want is there a way to keep them
from changing if you copy text.formulas etc.. IR i use the med to large line
fo routside and it chages all the dime when I copy a smaller line in.

Any Ideas? or is this impossible to control?

JLGWhiz

Borders

You will have to use the PasteSpecial method to avoid changing your cell
format when copying data from other cells. i.e. Copy PasteSpecial
xlValues

"Khanjohn" wrote:

Once you have put in the borders etc you want is there a way to keep them
from changing if you copy text.formulas etc.. IR i use the med to large line
fo routside and it chages all the dime when I copy a smaller line in.

Any Ideas? or is this impossible to control?

Susan

Borders

you can copy, paste special & choose just values, or just
formulas.....
then the cell formatting won't change.
hth
susan

On Apr 23, 6:16 am, Khanjohn
wrote:
Once you have put in the borders etc you want is there a way to keep them
from changing if you copy text.formulas etc.. IR i use the med to large line
fo routside and it chages all the dime when I copy a smaller line in.

Any Ideas? or is this impossible to control?

Khanjohn

Borders

thanks will try that.