Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform and Checkbox - will this work?

I'd like your opinion if this is possible and any hints on how to code it:

A long-time Quattro user is converting to Excel. One of the features that
Quattro had that Excel doesn't have (as far as I know) is to be able to save
different "Print" settings - range, orientation, etc. With Excel you must
select the range one at a time and then set orientation if you have multiple
print settings on the same worksheet.

My idea to help print multiple print settings on the same worksheet is to
create a macro in the personal library. When executed it would show a
UserForm and read all range names. For each range name that starts with
'PRT-' the macro would add a Checkbox to the UserForm. The range would be
the range to print and a suffix of '-L' would stand for landscape and a
suffix of '-P' would mean portrait. The user would click any number of
checkboxes and then press a 'Print' button to print all the marked ranges.

Questions:
- Can a macro from the personal macro library do this?
- How would it avoid having multiple UserForms on the same sheet?
- Would the UserForms be saved with each worksheet? (I would not want that.)
- Should I use the Checkbox from 'Controls' or 'Form'?
- Any sample code to show how to dynamically make Checkboxes?
- Any hints on what to watch out for?

Thank You for any help!!