-   -   Hiding Code in Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387694-hiding-code-workbook.html)

Nash13

Hiding Code in Workbook

I have my code compiled and workbook protected, but is there any way to
protect the code itself from users? Someone in my office recently stole some
of mine from a past project and tried to pass it off as their own, so I would
like to keep it from prying eyes.

Thank you

timebird

Hiding Code in Workbook

in order to protect your vba code,
you should set a password to your vba project.
but there are vba password cracking programs.
vba is vulnerable.

i heard that there is a code scramler that makes
codes be hard to read

--
msn
the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago.

"Nash13" wrote:

I have my code compiled and workbook protected, but is there any way to
protect the code itself from users? Someone in my office recently stole some
of mine from a past project and tried to pass it off as their own, so I would
like to keep it from prying eyes.

Thank you

Nash13

Hiding Code in Workbook

Oh, that was easier than I thought. Fortunately this person isn't bright
enough to get write their own code, so I won't worry about any cracking
programs right now.