-   -   FTP a file to UNIX server using Excel Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387569-ftp-file-unix-server-using-excel-macro.html)

narendra vuradi

FTP a file to UNIX server using Excel Macro

hi all,

i have a requirement where in i have to code a macro in excel which
will FTP a file to UNIX server.
i am new to working in excel macro's. Could anyone please tell me how
do i approach it and if possible possible solution

Thanks
Naru

David G[_4_]

FTP a file to UNIX server using Excel Macro

Take a look at:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...9/ftp-via-vba/

They present two solutions, one using VBA combined with the Windows
FTP program (SendViaFtp procedure on that site) and another using the
Windows API (no examples provided, but you can find more info at the
Microsoft MSDN site).
I haven't tried to implement it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't
work as they specified. Using Windows API is always more complicated,
so you probably want to avoid that.

Good luck,
David G