-   -   Need stopwatch function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387299-re-need-stopwatch-function.html)

Paul

Need stopwatch function

I want to time how long a patient has been in my ER. It should start counting
in hours and minutes when a patients name is placed in an adjacent cell.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You could have code continuously running to make Excel act as a clock which
will probably bring Excel to its knees. Perhaps if you explain what you
really are trying to do (what are you trying to ascertain - what are you
trying to time), someone can suggest a workable approach. Also, when you
say "when there's text in another
specified cell." How does that text get there. What causes it to change.
Any text, or a certain phrase or word.
Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote:

I want to have a stopwatch/timer start in 1 cell when there's text in another
specified cell.